November 3, 2014

Haven: A Stranger Magic (Book 1)



Recently I was given the chance to read an exciting series called Haven by D.C Akers. When it comes to fantasy fiction, I love that I have a very vivid imagination, and I must admit, I love anything that is both strange and different, and I love the beginning of this series. Haven : A Stranger Magic is the first book of the Haven series. This book is both a fantasy feature as well as a novella that introduces a 13 year old boy named Sam who seems invisible till things start changing for Sam. Sam starts having nightmares and a mysterious stranger who both appears and disappears from outside the street of his home. Because Sam feels that his life is miserable, boring and just ordinary, his sister on the other hand is pretty and popular, and is always picking on him. Their mother, who is a widow,  works as a waitress at there local dinner, pulling many doubles just to put a roof over their heads. One night Sam discovers the mysterious stranger outside his home again, and he tries to uncover this strangers intentions, but becomes sidetracked when his friend uncovers something that will change their lives forever. These are just a few of the incredible things that can happen in this book, as there are a lot of mysterious twists in book one of the Haven series.

I believe that this book is quite an excellent read for anybody especially teens. My son whom is twelve, is super excited that he gets to read it next! This is definitely a must read, and I am so looking forward to reading the next book in the Haven series.


You can obtain you Haven Series (Books 1 & 2)  from https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/409806

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment