November 8, 2014

Breaking Free by SM KOZ

Breaking Free is a very powerful book that has an excellent storytelling. I feel that this story is very sweet and heartfelt, as well as it also exposes true life experiences that people deal with and overcome on a daily basis. A bit about the story-line: Kelsie, a seventeen year old Junior, is grieving and bearing the guilt over the tragic loss and accident of her best friend. As a coping measure she turns to self harm and mutilation to ease her emotional pain. Her father, rarely around married a women constantly causes Kelsie emotional harm then building her up, conveniences Kelsie's father to ship her off to a program for troubled teens. During this time, Kelsie meets other troubled teens who have similar destructive behaviors. Friendships grow, as time is spent together, dark secrets and guilt emerge and swirling emotions are revealed.  The author makes you feel connected to the characters. I felt that as every chapter ended, I couldn't possibly put the book down. I  needed to know what happened next. I laughed and cried as the characters overcame many obstacles set in their way, and overcame them. This book will definitely get 5 stars from me, as it was very realistic. I look forward to reading other books by the author when they come out. Disclaimer: This book contains adult language, sexual themes, and explicit self-harm behavior. Parental discretion is recommended for those under 15 years of age.



If you are interested in reading Breaking Free as well, you can purchase it from Amazon. I have provided the link for you: http://www.amazon.com/breaking-free-sm-koz-ebook/dp/b00m4y83xg/ref=sr_1_1?ie=utf8&qid=1415212664&sr=8-1&keywords=breaking+free+sm+koz

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment